“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart...” (Phil.1:3-7)
Nothing more accurately conveys my affection for my brethren at the Milan church of Christ than the aforementioned words of the Apostle Paul. Since my arrival eight years ago, you have gone out of your way to encourage, assist and bear with me. You continually make me feel as if I make a difference, and that is something every preacher desperately needs.
When I count my blessings, YOU always come up near the top. Following are a few reasons why:
- You treat my wife Brenda like a queen.
- You regularly pray for Brenda, my family and me.
- You constantly complement my lessons.
- You continue to support special service activities, like the singing at Heartland.
- You send or leave me encouraging notes and cards.
- You frequently invite me to your family get-togethers.
- You warmly embrace me as you would close friend.
- You surprise me with unexpected (and undeserved) gifts.
- You pay me more than I am worth.
- You share your ground venison, meatloaf, fresh leftovers and desserts with me.
- You tolerate my deficiencies with few complaints.
- You inspire me with your inspirational singing at our services.
- You continue to put up with me after eight years as your preacher.
I am blessed and honored to be your minister. “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you…”
Jesus, always, Jesus!