When we think about the wisdom, strength and protective hand of God, the term “father” may come to mind. In certain respects Christian fathers indeed remind us of our Father in heaven.
In addition, Christian MOTHERS also depict God's love, patience and compassion. For example…
· The UNCONDITIONAL LOVE displayed by many mothers toward their children may
be the closest thing on earth to God’s undying love for us.
· The MATCHLESS TENDERNESS that a mother displays in holding her newborn
child is reminiscent of the loving care that God provides for His children.
· The SINCERE SYMPATHY that mothers show for scraped elbows, knees and
hearts is not unlike the infinite compassion that God has for His suffering saints.
· The UNSELFISH SACRIFICE that devoted mothers demonstrate towards their
children reminds us of God’s generosity and benevolence to His children.
· The WARM EMBRACES and SPECIAL KISSES given by mothers to their
children picture the deep affection that God has for each of us.
Thank God for the Christian mothers down here that accurately picture our divine Father above!
“As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you…” (Isaiah 66:13)
Jesus, always Jesus!