In a recent sermon, I listed reasons for confidence and concern pertaining to the future of the church in Milan.
Reasons for confidence include:
- An impressive number of infants, toddlers, children (and more on the way).
- Committed parents that consistently bring their children to Bible classes and services.
- Committed young men that may one day serve as elders, deacons and preachers.
- Your amazing generosity and involvement in a plethora of good works.
- God’s desire that the church in Milan increase for His glory.
Reasons for concern include:
- Lack of elders (and deacons).
- Shortage of teachers (along with the lack of an Educational Director).
- Shortage of men that are capable of leading in our services.
- Lack of outreach (by consistently meeting a need in our community).
- Lack of plans for expansion.
- Lack of regular activities for our children and teens.
I then proposed several goals that will address some of the aforementioned concerns:
- By Dec. 31, 2016 we locate and purchase property of sufficient size to erect a building
- By July 1, 2018 we employ a full-time youth, educational & outreach minister.
- By May 1, 2020 we break ground on our new church building.
- By Nov. 1, 2021 we conduct our first service in our new facility.
- By Dec. 31, 2022 we appoint 3 elders & several deacons.
Next week: What it will require to achieve these goals.
Jesus, always Jesus!