Jesus said, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mk. 16:15
Paul responded, “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes…” Rom. 1:16
Nothing on earth is as fulfilling as leading a lost soul to Christ. On the other hand, fewer Christians are occupied with this pursuit than almost any other work. One problem is that many Christians believe that soul winning is limited to preachers or trained personal workers. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, there are at least 6 ways that virtually any Christian can help lead others to Christ.
1. Pray for at least one lost soul daily. Paul fervently prayed for his lost Jewish countrymen – Rom. 10:1.
2. Pray for God to lead you to a lost soul, or visa-versa. God has led many Christians in the direction of a perishing souls, and visa-versa. Read Acts 10:1ff & 16:9ff.
3. Call or visit a church member that is no longer faithful. James wrote, "…he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death…." Jam. 5:19-20.
4. Keep inviting people to church services or activities. This is the “come & see” approach (Jn. 1:46). Nearly 40% of those that obey the gospel do so after accepting one of more invitations to attend church.
5. Speak to every visitor that attends church. Surveys indicate that the chief factor determining whether visitors return is the reception they receive. If a visitor feels that he or she has made genuine friends, they are far more likely to come back.
6. Give a little more. Many church leaders concede that soul-winning tools such as the use of billboards, radio, TV, the internet, and even newspapers are often restricted by a lack of funds. Some churches spend twice as much on air conditioning than on winning souls.
Won’t you take part in the greatest endeavor of all? "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise." Prov. 11:30
Jesus, always Jesus!